Hello readers! Today I have a tag post, even if it is VERY late at night. I have a post going up tomorrow, so I didn’t want to wait. I do not do these often enough. I just saw this tag on Kristen Kraves Books’ page and decided to do it. It was created by Booktuber Bookables a few years back.
I hope everyone is having a great 2023 so far! I already finished a book, but it was very short.
1. How many books are you planning to read in 2023?
Well, I put my goal at 150 this year, but my stretch goal is 200. I would LOVE to reach 200 books in 2023! My official goal is still 150.
2. Name 5 books that you didn’t get to this past year, but want to make a priority in 2023.
I looked back at all my TBRs for 2022 and these are the ones I really wish I read when I said I would.
3. What genre do you want to read more of?
Well, I’m in the mood for fantasy, so I’m going with that. I would also like to read more scifi as I really discovered how much I like it in 2022! What fantasy series do you recommend? I haven’t read many outside of Sanderson.
4. Name 3 not-related-to-book goals for 2023.
- overcome my executive dysfunction (to some compacity)
- spend less time on Tik Tok! I really do use it too much.
- I have this goal for 2023 to master the art of baking pies. I do know how to make SOME, but I haven’t made my own crust. I’m hoping to try for one pie a month. I’ve only made pumpkin and pecan with store-bought crust. I can make graham cracker crust, just not the usual crust. Let me know if you are interested in seeing content about my pie journey! I have big plans, but do you guys care to hear about them? I really love to bake and I don’t do it enough.
5. What’s a book you have had forever and are determined to read?
Not even joking, I put this book on my TBR every year. I always think this is the year I will finally finish Lord of the Rings and I never do.
I still have that hope for this year. If I’m right, this is the book I’ve owned the longest that I have not read. I think I bought the boxed set in 2013 or 2014, so it has been almost 10 years now.
6. One word that you’re hoping 2023 will be.
CALM. Sure, I would like some exciting things to happen, but most of the excitement in my life is not the good kind. I want a calm and happy year in 2023!
Where to find me: https://linktr.ee/Allithebookgiraffe
Business Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like my thumbnails? I create them with Canva. Referral code here: (this is not an affiliate link, every user gets a link like this one): https://www.canva.com/join/jkb-wws-hqb
Add this user on Goodreads for all your trigger warning needs: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/86920464-trigger-warning-database